Jan. 17, 2022
The discharge principle of supercapacitors is the same as that of ordinary capacitors. It is a kind of passive component that has been put in mass production in recent years. The charge and discharge characteristics also have the energy storage characteristics of the battery, and the repeated use time is long. When discharging, the electrons between the moving conductors (without relying on chemical reactions) are used to release current, thereby providing power to the device.
Compared with batteries, super capacitors have the following characteristics:
1) Ultra-low series equivalent resistance (LOW ESR), power density (Power Density) is more than tens of times that of lithium-ion batteries, suitable for high current discharge (a 4.7F capacitor can release an instantaneous current of more than 18A).
2) Ultra-long service life, charging and discharging more than 500,000 times, which is 500 times that of Li-Ion batteries and 1000 times that of Ni-MH and Ni-Cd batteries. If supercapacitors are charged and discharged 20 times a day, they can be used for 68 years.
3) Able to be charged with a large current, the charging and discharging time is short, the charging circuit requirements are simple, and there is no memory effect.
4) Maintenance-free and can be sealed.
5) The temperature range is wide: -40℃～+70℃, the general battery is -20℃～60℃.
The above are all about the the characteristics of supercapacitors compared with batteries.
Dongguan Zhixu Electronic Co., Ltd has over 30 years in the electronic components industry. Our factories are ISO 9000 and ISO 14000 certified. If you're looking for electronic components, welcome to visit our official website: www.jeccapacitor.com